- What are the levels of sleep disturbances and what do they mean?
- Why isn’t the Sleep Disturbances feature working?
- How does the Sleep Disturbances feature work and where do I find it?
- When is Sleep Analysis active?
- Does the Sleep Analysis need to be calibrated?
- On which devices is the Sleep Analysis available?
- Does my Vyvo device needs to be on while I sleep to generate Sleep Analysis data?
- Can I share my Sleep Analysis result with someone else?
- What is the number displayed on the upper left-handed part of the Sleep Analysis page?
- I think my Sleep Analysis registered an inaccurate fall asleep time; how can I report it?
- How can I check past records of my Sleep Analysis?
- Does the Sleep Analysis detect also sleep paralysis?
- What is the Sleep Analysis feature, and what can I do with it?
The data your LifeWatch gathers provides information on the time you spend in various stages of sleep, such as light sleep, deep sleep, and waking stages, as well as providing you with further insight into your sleep quality and ways to improve it.